Navigation

Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Staying Dry In My Commuter Pants


It's April, and that means rain showers and thunderstorms. We've had a pretty soggy couple of weeks here in southwest Missouri. Nothing unusual, but I've had some sloppy rides to and from work. Lucky for me, my wife and son gave me a shiny new pair of black Levi's Commuter trousers for my birthday last month. I had seen a couple of videos on YouTube showing that the pants were water-repellent, so I figured I should give them a try.

After unwrapping the Commuter trousers, I went straight over to the sink and put them under running water. Sure enough, the water rolled right off, leaving the fabric dry. I've worn them a handful of times now, and the pants have a great fit, strategic reinforcement in key areas of heavy wear, and reflective seams such that cuffing the pants gives you side reflectors. Ginger heard that the water-repellent properties eventually wear off, which makes sense considering the material itself isn't intrinsically water-shedding. But whatever; they're heavy duty and totally weather proof for the time being.

Now I just need to pick up a couple more pairs in other colors. Collect the whole set, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment