Navigation

Monday, February 10, 2014

Good Winter


It's been a cold, wet winter. I know a lot of my friends and colleagues might disagree, but it's also been pretty great. Admittedly, there have been a few logistical challenges when it comes to getting my son to preschool. But I don't mind the cold weather - nor does the boy, as he's been quick to tell me - and the snow that has continued to stick around most of the winter has been a lot of fun. After all, commuting in the nasty winter weather was one of the main reasons I kept my GT mountain bike around, and it's a fantastic machine for doing just that.

It's now mid-February, and I'm doubtful we'll get much more wintry precipitation this season. So as the weather starts warming up, I'll be looking forward to next winter; and in the depths of the dog days of summer, I'll be dreaming of slogging through the snow on my mountain bike during this cold, wet winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment