Navigation

Monday, August 12, 2013

The best way to spend a birthday


Yesterday I turned 31, but it's okay because I got carded when I went to the store for beer.

It's also okay because I was the recipient of many, many kind birthday wishes from the people in my life.  Plus, Cody gave me a GoPro.

Cody also proposed that we go do something fancy, but all I really wanted to do was check out the Frisco Highline Trail and play with the new toy. Our friend Kenny joined us, and we had a great time.

It was only about six miles from Springfield to Willard, where we decided to turn around because that's where the pavement stopped. It was a quick ride, too quick really. We did our best to prolong it with pit stops for refreshments and snacks, but we were on our way back to Springfield in less than 45 minutes.

I discovered the best way to extend a day on the trail: Fall off your bike.

I was messing around with the new camera, and my front wheel went off the right side of the pavement. I tried to jump back on, but crashed instead. I scraped up my shoulder, both hands, both knees and broke a toe nail in half.



Kenny dashed on ahead to beg for first aid supplies from the Willard City Pool.

Cody later described my birthday wreck as epic.

Epic indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment