Navigation

Monday, May 13, 2013

Red lights

I was out with Cody, waiting in the left-turn lane at a red light, wearing this getup, when a lady in a car pulled up in the going-straight lane next to us. She rolled down her window and said, "Hey! I like your dress!"

Whoa.

I was so flattered that I immediately made Cody pull over and take my picture to commemorate the occasion.

And last weekend at Bicycles and Brews, I was in the middle of a pack of riders at the beginning of our 17-miler when we stopped for a red light. Rather than wait behind the pack, a city bus scooted up the lane of oncoming traffic and waited there to pass us. 


I sometimes drive, too, and can certainly understand the desire to pass slower-moving vehicles safely, but blocking oncoming traffic at an intersection just seems...less than safe.

Am I wrong? What's a driver supposed to do in this situation?

No comments:

Post a Comment