Navigation

Friday, April 19, 2013

Go Slow, You Antihero!

Via Culture Cycles, there was a fantastic interview with Grant Petersen, founder of Rivendell Bicycle Works, in Huck a few days ago. I can totally identify with Petersen's feelings about cycling: just get on the bike and enjoy it; screw racing culture (I'm paraphrasing, of course). When considering whether or not to join in organized bicycle-related events, my first question is always whether or not I will feel out of place if I'm not wearing a full kit and riding a carbon fiber bike. If the answer is yes, I'll take a pass. If the climate is more along the lines of street clothes and beer consumption, I'm totally down.

What really struck me about the Huck article wasn't so much the interview - though the interview was excellent - but the graphic that headed it:


I'd love to blow that up, frame it, and hang it on my wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment