Navigation

Monday, March 5, 2012

What's going on

This is not me.


Add these to your reading list post haste:
  • Momentum Magazine - It's the best bike commuter magazine out there. I'm a new reader, but everything I've seen has been both relevant and excellent. The website is lovely. It covers a wide range of bike-related trends and happenings at a national level.  I couldn't ask for a better source. The entire digital editions are available online, but this is a publication I would be more than happy to pay to get.
  • The Julie Blog -  This New York lady cyclist is by far my favorite blogger. She's a fierce cycling advocate and is super chic. She stays on top of trends and reviews bikes and bike accessories and posts pictures of what she wears, which is always very cute. I pretty much have a huge blog crush. Check her out.
Additionally, there's lots of good stuff happening on the local bike scene courtesy of the good folks over at PedNet:
  • There was a successful bike sharing system at True/False last weekend.  Why is this not a permanent thing?
  • There's a Lose the Training Wheels program gearing up for this June. The program helps people with disabilities learn to ride a two-wheeler with the help of trained staff members. Financial aid is available for the $150 registration fee, and they are looking for volunteers. One of us will be helping out, though Cody doesn't know that yet.
  • And there are a couple of Confident City Cycling courses happening next week. These are great classes for beginning cyclists. If you or someone you know is thinking of starting to commute by bicycle, this is a worthwhile class to take.
Also, now that I've had some time to reflect on my new haircut, I think I decided to love it. It's easy to work with, it's very versatile and I think it's more flattering than what I had going on before. I'm getting lots of compliments about it so that's helping. I'm definitely going back to that salon and that stylist. Maybe next time I'll even ask for some bangs. I've always wanted bangs.




No comments:

Post a Comment