Navigation

Monday, May 21, 2018

Spring Cleaning in the Tinkery


For the past 6 months, I've been working on a series of home improvement projects around the house. Not only have they left me with little time to tinker on bikes (and write about it here), but they've also completely occupied the shop with lumber, woodworking tools, and a big ass mess that's made it impossible to use the garage for much of anything else. A couple weeks ago, I decided that needed to change.

I started by clearing everything out of the garage and giving it a decent cleaning. Then I added some additional shelving for the tools and gear that had been lying on the floor or stuffed into the lower shelf of my workbench. Tools and bike parts were sorted and organized. I also replaced the overhead lighting in the shop - a single screw-in bulb fixture - with a couple LED strip lights.

Now that the shop is cleaned up and organized, I'm ready to start working through a backlog of bike maintenance and repairs that I've been putting off for the past few months. That includes getting started on restoring the '83 Trek 850 that I picked up last fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment