Navigation

Sunday, May 24, 2015

Spring Tuning Continues


Over the winter, the cage on one of the Peugeot's stock pedals cracked. On top of that, I lost the dust cap at some point, and the grease was beginning to leak out. So I figured it was time to replace them. The original pedals were French-threaded, though, so I had the good folks at Queen City Cycles re-tap the cranks for me. Then I added some All-City Track pedals in a pretty sweet gold color that closely matches the gold lettering on the PH-10's frame. A bit flashier than I normally prefer, but I must say they look pretty slick.


Next, I ran new cables and housing and re-wrapped the bars. In the process I decided to go ahead and move the brake levers up slightly on the handlebars to give me a somewhat more upright, less stretched-out riding position when resting my hands on the hoods. I also tried a new bar tape that the guys at QCC recommended - a thick-ass 2.5mm tape from Zevlin with an RBICI design. While the bar tape looks and feels great and the pedals are totally rad, I decided to try running the brake cables over the bars rather than under them, and I'm not happy with the way it turned out. So I'll be re-routing the cables as soon as I get a chance.


I still need to replace the bottom bracket cartridge and I recently noticed a pretty decent bend in the outer chainring that needs to be addressed, so I've got more work to do. But in the meantime, the old girl's riding pretty well.

No comments:

Post a Comment