Navigation

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Bikes Are Cool. Helmets Are Cool.


A few weeks ago, I noticed a crack forming in my beloved, 6-7ish year old Giro Phase helmet. It was with a degree sadness that I then went on the hunt for a new skid lid. I tried out a couple of helmets. One, which my son chose for me, was universal-size. With my head as narrow as it is, universal-size helmets make me look faintly like a young child wearing his father's helmet. The second was a size small, but was a bit too tight and adjustable-fit hardware dug uncomfortably into my scalp. And that's when I found a 2009 model Giro Phase on Performance.com. Not exactly new and exciting, but it fit just as expected and is a nice low-profile and great-looking lid. In the image above, you can see my old sun-faded Phase on the right, and the shiny new Phase on the left. I'm hoping that the new one lasts at least as long as its predecessor.

No comments:

Post a Comment