Navigation

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

We're really jamming now!


I've been jonesing for a way to listen to music on my bike for quite some time. Having a sound system on my machine would be sweet for group rides, pub crawls - both planned and impromptu, or just riding around town. So I pulled the trigger this week and bought a Photive Cyren portable bluetooth speaker. I looked at a number of speakers, and ended up settling on the Cyren due to its favorable reviews and its attractive price. It's basically just a blatant knockoff of the Jambox, but it feels sturdy, solid, and well-made. It's got a battery life of 10-12 hours, which is awesome. But most importantly, it sounds great.

For the last couple days, I've strapped the Cyren onto my bike's rear rack for my daily commutes to and from work. Even at full volume, it can be a little hard to hear when moving at a good clip. And it's definitely a prime theft target, so I have to remove it every time I leave my bike. Because of that, it's probably not something I'll continue to use every day, especially with my commute as short as it is (less than a mile). It'll be a necessary piece of equipment for weekend rides and future Cruisin' for a Brewsin' bike pub crawls, though. My guess is that I now have the loudest bicycle in town, and I'm very cool with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment