Navigation

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

So long, CoMo

Here we are sans bikes at the library. We did a little photo shoot for their program cover.

It's time to fess up. The reason we've been away from the blog so much lately is because we've been planning some big, big changes for our little family.

A couple weeks ago I was offered a job in Springfield. I took it. My last day working here in Columbia was Monday, and a sad, sad day it was. I love the Tribune, and I loved working there with so many delightful people. Plus, I saw the bike culture around the office burgeon and then thrive. When I started working there, there were one or two guys who rode their bikes to work Now there are at least six, and half of them are women!

Anyway, we've been busy preparing to move. Our house went on the market last Sunday. I start my new job on Monday. We've spent our nights boxing up some of our stuff and our weekends house shopping. One of the things that got boxed up was my tripod and camera clicker so it's been a little hard to do pictures lately.

You better believe we'll continue biking to work in Springfield, and we'll keep on blogging about it. You'll get to see how Cody sets up his new Tinkery, and how living in a bigger city changes our biking habits. Our boy just got a tricycle for his second birthday, and you're going to see him learn to navigate the big city sidewalks on his new rig. In short, there's plenty more to come, we'll just need a little time to start bringing it to you.

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on the new job - and best of luck to you both. There is no growth without change - so this should be a fantastic new adventure for you both.

    Keep riding!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, will miss seeing you on the byways, but congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!!!! Enjoy your new adventures in Springfield.

    ReplyDelete