Navigation

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Hooray for a new route!


I work with a delightful group of people who bike to work religiously. We often talk to each other about what's been happening out on the roads, who we've seen, cool bikes out there and other local bike-related happenings.

One of these coworkers lives in the same neighborhood as Cody and I do. He once mentioned a shortcut he takes that allows him to avoid a busy intersection and a left-hand turn. This alley runs from First to Fourth Streets between Walnut and Ash, which pretty much delivers me directly to my employer's bike racks.

I took this shortcut for the first time this afternoon. Probably I'll never go the old way again. Thanks for the tip, Steve! Great find.

4 comments:

  1. Thats great! since moving to Columbia I've been religiously searching for different routes to work. I've gotta say they're all better than my bike commuting while living in Memphis,TN!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you liked it! The alley is a bit rough, but it can be fun to dodge the huge cracks in the pavement.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Riding through alleys is the bestest!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That outfit is perfect for Memorial Day!

    ReplyDelete