Navigation

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Winter Project: Ready to Ride


Booyah!  I finished restoring my 1980 Peugeot Course over the weekend.  By the way, I did some research on the bicycle's serial number and am now confident in the year of manufacture.


I received my new chain and bottom bracket on Thursday and pretty much immediately swapped out the ill-fitting bottom bracket and added and adjusted the chain.  I was much happier with the shorter axle length of the new bottom bracket.  With the drivetrain components in place, I ran cables and housing and adjusted the derailleurs.  The final touches included clamping on my brown leather Cardiff Cornwall saddle and wrapping the bars in matching brown bar tape.  Once it was finished, it looked pretty much exactly as I had envisioned it.


The bike rides very smoothly.  It's lightweight and comfortable.  And the frame is just the right size for me.  I'm getting some notable wobble in the front wheel, so I'll have to do some truing, but other than that, this machine is done.  I think I've just finished building my new daily commuter.

2 comments: