Navigation

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

It all started when I broke my tripod


A few weeks ago I broke my tripod. It was a cheap little thing, and it endured a lot of abuse so I can't say I was surprised when it bit the dust.

Instead of just going out and buying a new one I've been planning my outfits ahead of time and forcing Cody to take my picture on Sunday afternoons. It's worked out fine, but last weekend I found myself uninspired.  The outfit I planned for today featured this really cool scarf I found on Pinterest and made on Saturday, some black lightweight pants, a long-sleeved t-shirt and heels.

Temperatures hovered around  freezing today so I knew I had to wear some heavier fabrics. The lightweight pants and t-shirt got swapped for some lined wool trousers and a sweater over a different t-shirt. I kept the scarf, though, because I'm proud of it.

The heels are another, more complicated story. Last week, while wearing my favorite BCBG pumps in the driveway, I stepped just the wrong way, rolled my foot and did something awful to my left big toe. It hurts to put any weight on it, but yesterday I thought I'd just walk on the outside of my foot and wear heels anyway. Bad idea. I only succeeded in walking weirdly and hurting my ankle. So the heels got swapped for flats.

The heels are going to stay in the closet until my toe and ankle feel all the way better, which means all my pants will be slightly too long.

All that to say that the outfit picture Cody took of me on Sunday didn't at all match how I really looked today so when I got to work I grabbed a coworker who happened to arrive at the office at the same time as I did, shoved my cell phone into his hands and begged him to take my picture, all while thanking my lucky stars he is both a professional photographer, and also kind. Thanks, Ryan!

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm. I don't remember, but hopefully I heal up just as quickly as I did in November.

    ReplyDelete